Recovery Coaching Diploma Finalisation
Recovery Finalization Course
Three-day Recovery Coaching “Finalization,” Certification Course.
This course follows on from the Recovery Companion/Coach Certification Course. It is important to understand that this course builds on both of the two initial course and is not exclusive of that material.
Over the three days, there will be lecture demonstrations supported by role plays, real-life case studies and coaching training. Assessment will be made through written assignments and practical evaluation where appropriate. Here are the main topics that will be explored over the three-day course.
- Full Review of Recovery Companion/Coach Courses with a Q & A’s session.
- What is Addictive Disorders from a Clinical Perspective
- Personality Disorders and Addiction
- Working with Anxiety and Depression
- Working with the Promis Eating Disorder Guidelines
- Johnson and Family Intervention Models
- Arise Intervention Overview
- Comparison between the Johnson Model and ARISE
- Resistance Strategies in Interventions –
- Assessment Session – Working with Resistance
You will be asked role-play a resistance scenario with a client lasting between 10 and 20 minutes. This will be filmed. The second part of the session will be spent watching the filmed role-plays together with feedback given by both the trainer and peers.
- Closing Summary – a review of all the work accomplished.
The course will be delivered by Eric Needham (Msc Addiction Psychology).
Eric has worked for the Promis group for many years. He has played a key role both as a senior therapist and clinical manager in the launch of several clinics including Hay Farm, Withersdane Hall and Promis France and has over twenty years experience as a teacher, trainer and course developer.
The course fees are £300. Accommodation and meals are available on site at a cost of £75 per day (although places are limited). The venue is 40 minutes from London by train, Several scholarships are also offered annually for candidates who Promis consider suitable who are eager to work in the field– please make an application in writing to:firstname.lastname@example.org